生活英语情景对话
下面我为大家带来,欢迎大家学习!
:暑假
Todd: OK. We're back with Jeanna. You wanna talk about your summer vacation.
好的,吉娜。能谈谈你的暑假吗。
Jeanna: Sure. I went to Las Vegas, Nevada; Reno, Nevada; Tahoe, California; and San Diego, California and I went to Disneyland.
好的。我去了内华达州的拉斯维加斯,里诺,和加利福尼亚州的塔霍湖,圣地亚哥,我还去了迪斯尼乐园。
Todd: Wow! Sounds like a really good time.
哇!听上去你玩得很愉快。
Jeanna: Yeah, it was. It was a lot of fun.
是的。我玩得很有趣。
Todd: What was the best place?
最棒的地方是哪里?
Jeanna: Probably Las Vegas. It was the most interesting.
也许是拉斯维加斯。那里最有趣。
Todd: OK. why was it the most interesting?
好的。为什么那里最有趣呢?
Jeanna: It was just really busy and there was always stuff going on. Ya know, never resting.
那里很繁华,总有各种娱乐活动,你知道,那里从来不闲。
Todd: OK. Ah, for example what stuff is going on? Like, what did you do?
好的,例如什么活动,你在那里做什么?
Jeanna: Well, we went shopping a lot, in a lot of different casinos that had malls in them, we went and visited the Hoover Dam.
我们经常购物,在不同的赌场里都有购物中心,我们还去了胡佛水坝。
Todd: Oh, wow! It's pretty big.
哇!水坝很大。
Jeanna: Yeah, really big.
是的,很大。
Todd: That's a lot of water. Did you go swimming?
那里有很多水,你游泳了吗?
Jeanna: No.
没有。
Todd: Can you swim in the Hoover Dam?
能在胡佛水库里游泳吗?
Jeanna: You can swim in the reservoir.
能在蓄水池里游泳。
Todd: I mean in the reservoir. Yeah. OK. How did you get to Las Vegas?
我就是说在蓄水池里。好的。你怎么到拉斯维加斯的?
Jeanna: By plane from Oakland to Las Vegas.
从奥克兰搭乘飞机到拉斯维加斯的。
Todd: OK. How long did it take?
路上花了多长时间?
Jeanna: About an hour and forty-five minutes.
大约花了1小时45分钟。
Todd: OK. Do you think you'll go back to Las Vegas someday in the future?
好的。
Jeanna: Hopefully.
希望如此。
Todd: OK. Great. Thanks a lot Jeanna.
好的。谢谢你,吉娜。
Jeanna: You're wele.
不客气。
:第一份工作
Todd: OK, Charlotte. You've been a teacher for quite a while.
好的,夏洛特。你做老师做了很久了。
Charlotte: Yeah, I started about three years ago, and my first job was in Jessif, in the east of Poland. I was promised that I wasn't going to have to teach any beginners, or any little children because it was my first job, and I was promptlygiven the beginner infants. My first day of teaching I was given a book which said, "Ah! Go into the classroom and say 'Hello' to the children, and they'll all say, 'Hello' back to you and wave". I walked into a class of five four-year olds, followed by all their mothers, and grandmothers, and I said, "Hello" and they all burst into tears. I spent half the lesson trying to get them to say,"Hello" to each other and stop them from crying while all the grandmothers stood around and stared at me. I finally finished off my singing the, whatever, Happy Princess Song, all on my own, with crying infants toacpany me. It was one of the worst days of my life. I could identify with all the children though, cause I wanted to sit on the floor and cry with them by the end of it. I think that that was when I realized that teaching kids was never going to be my vocation. I had some other classes as well but quit soon after that and moved onto *** s who cry slightly less. Um, yeah, that was my first teaching experience. Not the best.
是的,我三年前开始当老师,我的第一份工作在波兰东部的Jessif。因为这是我的第一份工作,校方向我保证不会让我去教初学者,或者小孩,结果我我被分到了启蒙班。我工作的第一天就领到了一本书,上面写着“啊!走进教室对孩子们说‘你好’,他们会边摇手边和你说‘你好’”。我走进坐满4,5岁孩子的教室,他们的母亲和祖母就在孩子的身边,我说“你们好”,结果他们集体爆发出了哭声。我花了半节课的时间试图不让他们哭,还一个一个地教他们说“你好”,所有的祖母都站在我的周围盯着我。课程的最后,伴随着哭声,我自己一个人唱完一首快乐王子歌。那是我人生最糟糕的一天。尽管如此,我还是能认出所有孩子的脸,因为最后我想坐在地板上和他们一起哭。正是在那个时候我意识到,教小孩永远都不会成为我的事业。虽然我还教他们一些别的课,但这之后我马上转到了成人班,至少成人不怎么哭。是的这就是我初次教课的经验,不是很好。