带翻译的英语小笑话
带翻译的英语小笑话两则
英语小笑话:孩子与母亲
A curious child asked his mother: “Mommy, why are some of your hairs turning grey?”
一个孩子好奇的问妈妈:“妈咪,为什么你的头发有的变灰白了?”
The mother tried to use this occasion to teach her child: “It is because of you, dear. Every bad action of yours will turn one of my hairs grey!”
妈妈想利用这个机会好好教育教育她的孩子:“因为你啊,宝贝。每次你不听话,我就会有一根头发变灰白的。”
The child replied innocently: “Now I know why grandmother has only grey hairs on her head.”
孩子天真的回答:“现在我知道为什么外祖母头上只有灰白的头发了。”
The Effectiveness of Advertisement
广告的`效力
Some businessmen were talking about advertising on TV excitedly. As none of them had ever done it before, every one had his point of view.
一群商人正热烈地讨论在电视上做广告。他们中没有人做过,所以每个人都有自己的想法。
At this moment, Mr. Grey came by. Grey was a car dealer and he had once made an advertisement.
此时,格雷先生进来了。格雷是一个汽车经销商,他曾经做过一次广告。
"What are you talking about?" Mr. Grey asked.
“你们在讨论什么?”格雷先生问。
"Does advertisement work or not?" one of the businessmen asked.
“广告有用不?”其中一位商人问。
"Oh, yes, it works very fast," Mr. Grey said. " I once advertised for my watch-dog and offered a reward of $100."
“噢,有用,而且见效非常快。”格雷先生说,“我曾经发布了一条广告,要招聘一个值班员,报酬是100美金。”
"Did you get the dog back?"
“你招聘到人了吗?”
"No, but that very night three of my cars were stolen."
“没,但是那个晚上我的三辆车被偷走了。”
【注释】
笑话中出现了come by这个词组,我们来学习一下它的两种意思:
1. pay a visit 来访,拜访
例:I'll come by after work and see if you need any help. 我下班后会再来拜访,看看你有什么需要帮忙的地方。
2. acquire 获得,得到
例:A good assistant is hard to come by. 要得到一个好助手很困难。
Comment: 保安没招来,倒把贼招来了!所以说有钱这件事还是不要“广而告之”为好……
;