新概念第一册:Lesson 89 For sale
Lesson 89 For sale
待售
Listen to the tape then answer this question.
听录音,然后回答问题。
Why couldn't Nigel decide?
听录音,然后回答问题。为什么奈杰尔作不了决定?
Mr Hill:Good afternoon. I believe that this house is for sale.
奈杰尔:下午好。我想这房子是要出售的吧!
Mr West: That’s right.
伊 恩: 是的。
Mr Hill:May I have a look at it please?
奈杰尔:我可以看一看吗?
Mr West: Yes, of course. Come in.
伊 恩: 可以,当然可以。请进。
Mr Hill:How long have you lived here?
奈杰尔:您在这里住了多长时间?
Mr West:I have lived here for twenty years.
伊 恩: 我在这里住了20年了。
Mr Hill:Twenty years! That’s a long time.
奈杰恩:20年!这个时间可不短。
Mr West:Yes, I have been here since 1947.
伊 恩: 是啊,从1947年起我就住在这里。
Mr Hill:Then why do you want to sell it?
奈杰尔:那么,您为什么要卖掉它呢?
Mr West:Because I have just retired. I want to buy a small house in the country.
伊 恩: 因为我刚退休。我想在乡下买幢小房子。
Mr Hill:How much does this house cost?
奈杰尔: 这座房子卖多少钱?
Mr West: £6850.
伊 恩: 68,500英镑。
Mr Hill:That’s a lot of money!
奈杰尔:这可真是一大笔钱呢!
Mr West: It’s worth every penny of it.
伊 恩: 它确确实实值这么多钱。
Mr Hill:Well, I like the house, but I can’t decide yet. My wife must see it first.
奈杰尔:啊,我喜欢这房子,但我还不能决定。我妻子必须先来看一看。
Mr West: Women always have the last word .
伊 恩: 女人总是最后说了算的。
我想这房子是要出售的吧!
我相信...
您在这里住了多长时间?
多长时间?
这座房子卖多少钱?
多少钱
从1947年起我就住在这里。
prep. 自…以后;从…以来;(表示气愤)何曾,什么时候
conj. 从…以后;自…以来;因为;由于;既然
adv. 自…以后;从…以来;此后;后来