优美英语文章短篇
美文不仅能让学生培养良好的语言表达技能,还能在更深入地理解文字的过程中受到思想品德以及审美的教育。下面是我带来的,欢迎阅读!
1
狮子座香奈儿
The lion is majestic.
狮子霸气逼人。
One can admire it, fear it, chase it, conquer it.
人们仰慕它,敬畏它,征服它。
Gabrielle Chanel decided to tame it.
而Gabrielle Chanel决心驯服它。
The lion is Coco.
这只狮子就是可可。
Born August 19th under the fifth sign of the zodiac.
可可生于8月19日,在黄道宫排第五。
The two numbers would bee her good luck charm.
这两个数字会成为她的幸运符。
The lion would be her constellation.
狮子将是她的星座。
The lion is a personality.
狮子是一种化身。
Audacious, instinctive, passionate, radiant.
勇敢,本能,热情,耀目。
I’m a Leo and like him.
我是狮子,我来了。
“I show my claws to protect myself”, Mademoiselle declared,
“我伸出利爪保护自己,”香奈儿女士宣称,
“But believe me, I suffer more by clawing than being clawed” She added.
“但相信我,抓挠比被抓要疼痛的多,”她补充道。
The lion is an inspiration,
狮子是一种灵感,
A favorite subject of Chanel jewelry.
是香奈儿珠宝的宠儿。
It roars from necklaces, pendants and brooches,
从项链、吊坠,到胸针,
As if to protect the secrets of Mademoiselle, and watch over her for all eternity.
这一切都像在保护着香奈儿女士的秘密,并守卫着她直到永远。
The lion, is the spirit of Chanel.
狮子是香奈儿的灵魂。
2
假如给我三天光明
All of us have read thrilling stories in which the hero had only a limited and specified time tolive.
我们大家都读过一些令人激动的故事,这些故事里的主人公仅仅活在有限并且特定的时间内。
Sometimes it was as long as a year, sometimes as short as 24 hours.
有时长达一年,有时短到24小时。
But always we were interested in discovering just how the doomed hero chose to spend hislast days or his last hours.
但我们总是有兴趣去发现,那些命中注定要死的人选择怎样去度过他们最后的时光。
I speak, of course, of free men who have a choice, not condemned criminals whose sphere ofactivities is strictly delimited.
当然我所说的是那些有选择自由的人,而不是那些活动范围被严格限定了的判了刑的犯人。
Such stories set us thinking, wondering what we should do under similar circumstances.
这样的故事让我们思考,在相似的情况下,我们该怎么办。
What events, what experiences, what associations should we crowd into those last hours a *** ortal beings, what regrets?
作为终有一死的人,在那最终的几个小时内安排什么事件,什么经历,什么交往?在回顾往事时,我们该找到什么快乐?什么悔恨?
Sometimes I have thought it would be an excellent rule to live each day as if we should dietomorrow.
有时我想到,过好每一天是个非常好的习惯,似乎我们明天就会死去。
Such an attitude would emphasize sharply the values of life.
这种态度鲜明地强调了生命的价值。
We should live each day with gentleness, vigor and a keenness of appreciation which areoften lost when time stretches before us in the constant panorama of more days and monthsand years to e.
我们应该以优雅、精力充沛、善知乐趣的方式过好每一天。而当岁月推移,在经常瞻观未来之时日、未来之年月中,这些又常常失去。
There are those, of course, who would adopt the Epicurean motto of “Eat, drink, and bemerry”.
当然,也有人愿按伊壁鸠鲁的信条“吃、喝和欢乐”去生活。
But most people would be chastened by the certainty of impending death.
但绝大多数人还是被即将面临死亡的必然性所折磨。
In stories the doomed hero is usually saved at the last minute by some stroke of fortune, butalmost always his sense of values is changed.
在故事里,注定要死的主人公往往在最后一刻由某种命运的突变而得救,但几乎总是他的价值观被改变了。
He bees more appreciative of the meaning of life and its permanent spiritual values.
他们对生活的意义和它永恒的精神价值变得更具欣赏力了。
It has often been noted that those who live, or have lived, in the shadow of death bring amellow sweetness to everything they do.
常常看到那些生活或已生活在死亡的阴影之中的人们都赋予他们所做的每件事以芳醇甜美。
Most of us, however, take life for granted.
但是,我们大多数人把生活认为是理所当然的。
We know that one day we must die, but usually we picture that day as far in the future.
我们知道,某一天我们一定会死,但通常我们把那天想象在遥远的将来。
When we are in buoyant health, death is all but unimaginable.
当我们心宽体健时,死亡几乎是不可想象的。
We seldom think of it.
我们很少想到它。
The days stretch out in an endless vista.
时日在无穷的展望中延展着。
So we go about our petty tasks, hardly aware of our listless attitude toward life.
于是我们干著琐碎的事情,几乎意识不到我们对生活的倦怠态度。
The same lethargy, I am afraid, characterizes the use of all our faculties and senses.
恐怕,同样的懒散也存在于我们对自己的所有的官能和意识的使用上。
Only the deaf appreciate hearing, only the blind realize the manifold blessings that lie in sight.
只有聋子才珍惜听力,唯有瞎子才体会到能看见事物的种种幸福。
Particularly does this observation apply to those who have lost sight and hearing in *** life.
这种结论特别适合于那些在成年阶段失去视力和听力的人们。
But those who have never suffered impairment of sight or hearing seldom make the fullest useof these blessed faculties.
而那些从没有遭受视觉或听觉损伤之苦的人却很少充分利用这些天赐的官能。
Their eyes and ears take in all sights and sounds hazily, without concentration and with littleappreciation.
他们模模糊糊地眼观八方,耳听各音,毫无重点,不会鉴赏。
It is the same old story of not being grateful for what we have until we lose it, of not beingconscious of health until we are ill.
还是那相同的老话,对我们所有的官能不知珍惜,直至失去它,对我们的健康意识不到,直至生病时。
I have often thought it would be a blessing if each human being were stricken blind and deaffor a few days at some time during his early *** life.
我常常想,如果每个人在他成年的早期有一段时间致瞎致聋,那会是一种幸事。
Darkness would make him more appreciative of sight, silence would teach him the joys ofsound.
黑暗会使他更珍惜视力,寂静会教导他享受声音。
3
我喜欢你是寂静的
I like for you to be still, it is as though you are absent.
我喜欢你是寂静的,仿佛你消失了一样。
And you hear me from far away and my voice does not touch you.
你从远处聆听我,我的声音却无法触及你。
It seems as though your eyes had flown away, and it seems that a kiss had sealed your mouth.
好像你的双眼已经飞离远去,如同一个吻,封缄了你的嘴。
As all things are filled with my soul, you emerge from the things, filled with my soul.
如同所有的事物充满了我的灵魂,你从所有的事物中浮现,充满了我的灵魂。
You are like my soul, a butterfly of dreams, and you are like the word Melancholy.
你像我灵魂,一只梦的蝴蝶,你如同忧郁这个字。
I like for you to be still, and you seem far away.
我喜欢你是寂静的,好像你已远去。
It sounds as though you are lamenting, a butterfly cooing like a dove.
你听起来像在悲叹,一只如鸽悲鸣的蝴蝶。
And you hear me from far away, and my voice does not reach you.
你从远处听见我,我的声音无法企及你。
Let me e to be still in your silence.
让我在你的沉默中安静无声。
And let me talk to you with your silence, that is bright as a lamp, simple as a ring.
并且让我借你的沉默与你说话,你的沉默明亮如灯,简单如指环。
You are like the night, with its stillness and constellations.
你就像黑夜,拥有寂静与群星。
Your silence is that of a star, as remote and candid.
你的沉默就是星星的沉默,遥远而明亮。
I like for you to be still, it is as though you are absent, distant and full of sorrow, as thoughyou had died.
我喜欢你是寂静的,仿佛你消失了一样,遥远且哀伤,仿佛你已经死了。
One word then, one *** ile, is enough.
彼时,一个字,一个微笑,已经足够。
And I'm happy, happy that it's not true.
而我会觉得幸福,因那不是真的而觉得幸福。