餐馆里的英语对话
即使是在餐厅这一小小天地,也会进行着很多对话。下面是我给大家整理的,供大家参阅!
:付账方式
A: Waiter, a table for two, please. 服务生,请给我一张两人的桌子。
B: Yes, this way please. 好的,请跟我来。
A: Can we see the menu, please?能让我们看一看选单吗?
B: Here you are. 给您。
A: What’s good today? 今天有什么好吃的?
B: I remand crispy and fried duck. 我推荐香酥鸭。
A: We don’t want that. Well, perhaps we’ll begin with mushroom soup, and follow
by some seafood and chips.
我们不想吃香酥鸭。或许我们可以先吃蘑菇汤,然后再要点海鲜和土豆片。
B: Do you want any dessert? 要甜品吗?
C: No dessert, thanks. Just coffee 不,谢谢。 咖啡就行了。
After a few minutes. 过了一会儿。
A: I can have the check, please. 结帐。
C: George. Let’s split this.乔治,我们各自付帐吧。
A: No, it’s my treat tonight.不,今天我请客。
B: Cash or charge, sir? 现金还是记帐?
A: Charge, please. Put it on my American Express.
记帐。请记入我的“美国运通讯用卡”帐号。
:点餐
A: Good morning. Can I help you? 早上好。有什么能效劳的吗?
B: I want an American breakfast with fried eggs, sunny side up.
我想要一份美式早餐,要单面煎的鸡蛋。
A: What kind of juice do you prefer, sir? 您想要哪种果汁呢?
B: Grapefruit juice and please make my coffee very strong.
西柚汁,还有,我要杯很浓的咖啡。
A: Yes, sir. American breakfast with fried eggs, sunny side up, grapefruit juice and
a black coffee. Am I correct, sir?
好的,一份美式早餐,要单面煎的鸡蛋、西柚汁及一杯清咖啡,对吗?
B: Yes, that’s right. 是的。
A: Is there any thing else, sir? 还有什么吗,先生?
B: No, that’s all.没有了,谢谢。
Later稍后
A: Good morning, sir. I’ve brought the breakfast you ordered.
早上好,先生。您要的早餐送上来了。
B: Just put it on the table, please. 请放在桌上。
A: Do you need anything else, sir? 先生,还有其他需要吗?
B: No thanks. Ah, yes! Can I have some more juice for the minibar?
没有,谢谢。 啊!可否多放一些果汁在冰箱里?
A: What kind of juice would you like, sir? 哪种果汁呢,先生?
B: Tomato, orange and apple juice, please. 番茄汁、橙汁及苹果汁。
A: Yes, sir. I’ll get them for you right away. Would you please sign this bill first? Thank you, sir. 好的,我立刻去取。麻烦您先签了这张帐单。
:菜系
A: Oh, I’m starving. I’d like to try some real Chinese cuisine. What would you remend, waiter? 啊,我快饿死啦。我想吃点真正的中国菜。您给我推荐什么呢,服务生? B: Well, it depends. You see, there are eight famous Chinese instance, the Sichuan cuisine, and the Hunan cuisine.
那要看情况了。您知道,中国主要有八大菜系。比方说,川菜、湘菜。
A: They are both spicy hot, I’ve heard. 我听说这两种都很辣。
B: That’s right. If you like hot dishes, you can try some.
对。您要是爱吃辣的,可以试试。
A: They might be too hot for me. 对我来说可能太辣了点。
B: Then there’s the Cantonese cuisine and the Jiangsu cuisine. Most southerners like
them. 再有是粤菜和江苏菜。大多南方人都爱吃。
A: What about any special Beijing dishes? 有什么特别的北京风味菜吗?
B: There’s the Beijing roast duck. 有北京烤鸭啊。
A: Oh, yes. I’ve heard a lot about it. I’d like very much to try it. Where can I
find it? 啊,对了,听过多次了。我很想试一试。在哪儿能吃到呢?
B: You can find it in most restaurants, but the best place is certainly Quanjude
Restaurant. 大多数饭店都有烤鸭,可是最好的当然还是全聚德烤鸭店。
A: Is it near here? 离这儿近吗?
B: Not too near but not too far either. A taxi will take you there in 15 minutes,
if the traffic is not too bad, I mean.
不太近也不算远。乘计程车15分钟能到。我是说,要是堵车不厉害的话。
A: Well, thank you for your rmation. But what is the name of that restaurant again?
好,多谢您的指点。请您再说一下那个饭馆的名字好吗?
B: Let me write it down on this slip of paper for you. You can show it to the taxi-driver.
我来给您写在这张纸片上。您好拿给出租车司机看。
A: That’s very kind of you. Thanks a lot. 您真是太好了!多谢多谢。
B: You’re wele. 不客气。
:中国菜
A是你,B是外国人
A:Wele to our hotel.欢迎光临。
A:So you have got altogether four pieces of baggage?您一共带了4件行李,是不是? B:Let me have a check again.让我再看一下。
A:The Reception Desk is straight ahead.接待处就在前面。
A:After you, please.你先请。
B:Excuse me, where can I buy some cigarettes?劳驾。我到哪儿可买到香菸? A:There is a shop on the ground floor.一楼有个商店。
A:It sells both Chinese and foreign cigarettes.在那儿可买到中国香菸和外国香菸。
B:Can I also get some souvenirs there?也可以买到纪念品吗?
A:There is a counter selling all kinds of souvenirs.有个柜台出售各种各样的纪念品。
B:Excuse me,where is the restaurant?劳驾,请问饭厅在哪儿?
A:We have Chinese restaurant and a western-style restaurant
Which one do you prefer?我们有中餐厅和西餐厅,你愿意去哪个?
B:I'd like to try some Chinese food today.今天我想尝尝中国菜
:酒店英语口语会话必备手册
在酒店里所使用的英语会话,基本上是属于商业英语,与日常生活会话中所使用的英语略有不同,较注重礼节。正式英语通常会让人误解为极艰深的英语,其实,只要套用一定格式的句子和单词,就可以了。例如:
非正式英语 正式英语
What’s your name? May I have your name?
您贵姓? 请问您贵姓大名?
Do you want some tea? Could you like some tea?
您要喝茶吗? 请问您想喝茶吗?
Over here, please. Could you e this way please?
这边请。 请您往这边走好吗?
* 不要说OK, Sure, Yeah等等,而要说Certainly, Sir.
* Hey, uh-huh, Hang on 等等,也不适合在酒店中使用。
* 别说“I don’t know.”回答“不知道”是非常不礼貌的说法。
可以说“just a moment, please. I’ll check that for you.” 请稍候,我来帮您确认,然后请有能力处理的人前来协助。
* 对男性客人,尊称为Sir; 面对女性客人时尊称为Ms.
在招呼客人时,最好说“Excuse me, SirMs”, 不要直接称呼Mr.或Ms. 至于称呼小孩,可以直接使用Excuse me,但是不可以直接称呼boy或girl.
* 正视对方的眼睛,以显示出你的信心和诚意。但必须注意,注视对方的眼睛,并不是无理地盯着对方看。
* 在面对语言不通的外籍人士时,一定要多加利用手势和肢体语言。但是使用手势时要特别小心,因为对于不同国家、民族而言,手势的意义也大不相同。
以上是我整理所得,欢迎大家阅读和收藏。