有一本叫《乌鸦》的书是谁写的?
The Raven
乌鸦
埃德加·爱伦·坡 著
曹明伦 译
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weakry.
从前一个阴郁的子夜,我独自沉思,慵懒疲竭,
Over many a quint and curious volume of forgotten lore.
沉思许多古怪而离奇、早已被人遗忘的传闻——
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
当我开始打盹,几乎入睡,突然传来一阵轻擂,
As of some one rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
仿佛有人在轻轻叩击,轻轻叩击我的房门。
"'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door--
“有人来了,”我轻声嘟喃,“正在叩击我的房门——
Only this, and nothing more."
唯此而已,别无他般。”
Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December,
哦,我清楚地记得那是在萧瑟的十二月;
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
每一团奄奄一息的余烬都形成阴影伏在地板。
Eagerly I wished the morrow; -vainly I had tried to borrow
我当时真盼望翌日;——因为我已经枉费心机
From my books surcease of sorrow - sorrow for the lost Lenore-
想用书来消除悲哀——消除因失去丽诺尔的悲叹——
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore-
因那被天使叫作丽诺尔的少女,她美丽娇艳——
Nameless here for evermore
在这儿却默默无闻,直至永远。
And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain
那柔软、暗淡、飒飒飘动的每一块紫色窗布
Thrilled me-filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;
使我心中充满前所未有的恐怖——我毛骨惊然;
So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating
为平息我心儿停跳.我站起身反复叨念
" ' Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door-
“这是有人想进屋,在叩我的房门——。
Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door;-
更深夜半有人想进屋,在叩我的房门;——
This it is and nothing more.
唯此而已,别无他般。”