新概念句库第一册 第61-72课

 我来答
考试答疑君2333
2023-03-10 · TA获得超过363个赞
知道小有建树答主
回答量:926
采纳率:100%
帮助的人:81.9万
展开全部
61

  I bought two expensive dictionaries here half an hour ago, 顾客:半小时以前我在这里买了两本很贵的辞典,

  but I forgot to take them with me. 顾客:但是我忘了拿走。

  Who served you,sir? 经理:是谁接待您的,先生?

  The lady who is standing behind the counter. 顾客:站在柜台后面的那位女士。

  Which books did you buy? 经理:您买的是两本什么书?

  The books which are on the counter. 顾客:就是柜台上的那两本。

  Did you serve this gentleman half an hour ago,Caroline? 经理:半小时前你接待过这位先生吗,Caroline?

  He says he's the man who bought these books. 经理:他说他就是买这两本书的人。

  I can't remember. 卡罗琳:我记不起来了。

  The man who I served was wearing a hat. 卡罗琳:我接待的那个人戴了一顶帽子。

  Have you got a hat,sir? 经理:您有帽子吗,先生?

  Yes,I have. 顾客:有的,我有帽子。

  Would you put it on,please? 经理:请您把帽子戴上好吗?

  All right. 顾客:好吧。

  Is this the man that you served,Caroline? 经理:这就是你接待过的那个人吗,Caroline?

  Yes,I recognize him now. 卡罗琳:是的。我现在认出他来了。

  62

  Look,Scott.This is a photograph I took during my trip to Australia. 迈克:看,这是我到澳大利亚旅行时拍的一张照片。

  Let me see it,Mike. 斯科特:让我看看,迈克。

  This is a good photograph. 斯科特:这是一张很好的照片。

  Who are these people? 斯科特:这些人是谁?

  They're people I met during the trip. 迈克:他们是我旅行时认识的人。

  That's the ship we traveled on. 迈克:这是我们所乘的那条船。

  What a beautiful ship! 斯科特:多漂亮的船啊!

  Who's this? 斯科特:这是谁?

  That's the man I told you about.Remember? 迈克:这就是我跟你说过的那个人。还记得吗?

  Ah yes.The one who offered you a job in Australia. 斯科特:啊,记得。就是在澳大利亚给你工作做的那个人。

  That's right. 迈克:对。

  Who's this? 斯科特:这是谁?

  Guess! 迈克:猜!

  It's not you,is it? 斯科特:这不是你,对吗?

  That's right. 迈克:对的。

  I grew a beard during the trip, 迈克:我在旅行时留了胡子,

  but I shaved it off when I came home. 迈克:但我回到家时就把它刮了。

  Why did you shave it off? 斯科特:你为什么把它刮了?

  My wife didn't like it! 迈克:我妻子不喜欢!

  63

  Can't you come in and have tea now,Peter? 苏珊:你现在能进来喝茶吗,Peter?

  Not yet. 彼得:还不能。

  I must water the garden first. 彼得:我得先给花园浇水。

  Do you have to water it now? 苏珊:你一定得现在浇吗?

  I'm afraid I must. 彼得:恐怕我得现在浇。

  Look at it!It's terribly dry. 彼得:你看看,干得厉害。

  What a nuisance! 苏珊:真讨厌!

  Last summer it was very dry,too. 彼得:去年夏天也是干得很。

  Don't you remember? 彼得:你不记得了吗?

  I had to water it every day. 彼得:我不得不每天浇水。

  Well,I'll have tea by myself. 苏珊:好吧,我一个人喝茶了。

  That was quick!Have you finished already? 苏珊:好快啊!你已经浇完了?

  Yes.Look out of the window. 彼得:是的。你看看窗外。

  It's raining! 苏珊:下雨了!

  That means you don't need water the garden. 苏珊:这就是说。你不必给花园浇水了。

  That was a pleasant surprise. 彼得:这是意想不到的好事。

  It means I can have tea,instead. 彼得:这意味着我反倒可以喝茶了。

  64

  Can you recognize that woman,Liz? 凯特:Liz,你能认出那个女人吗?

  I think I can,Kate. 莉兹:我想我认得出来,Kate.

  It must be Karen Marsh,the actress. 莉兹:那一定是女演员Karen Marsh.

  I thought so. 凯特:我也这样想。

  Who's that beside her? 凯特:她旁边的那个人是谁?

  That must be Conrad Reeves. 莉兹:一定是Conrad Reeves.

  Conrad Reeves,the actor? 凯特:Conrad Reeves,那个男演员吗?

  It can't be. 凯特:不可能是。

  Let me have another look. 凯特:让我再看一看。

  I think you're right! 凯特:我想你是对的。

  Isn't he her third husband? 凯特:他不是她的第3个丈夫吗?

  No,He must be her fourth or fifth. 莉兹:不,他一定是他的第4个或第5个丈夫。

  Doesn't Karen Marsh look old! 凯特:Karen看上去不显老嘛!

  She does,doesn't she! 莉兹:是的,谁说不是呢!

  I read she's twenty-nine, 莉兹:我从报上看到她是29岁,

  but she must be at least forty. 莉兹:但她一定有40岁了。

  I'm sure she is. 凯特:我肯定她有40岁了。

  She was a famous actress when I was still at school. 莉兹:当我还是学生时,她就是个的演员了。

  That was a long time ago,wasn't it? 凯特:那是好久以前的事了,是吗?

  Not that long ago! 莉兹:不,没有那么久。

  I'm not more than twenty-nine myself. 莉兹:我自己现在还没29岁呢。

  65

  Look,Gary!That policeman's waving to you. 安:瞧,加里!那个警察正朝你挥手呢。

  He wants you to stop. 安:他要你停下来。

  Where do you think you are? 警察:你认为你现在是在哪儿?

  On a race track? 警察:在赛车道上吗?

  You must have been driving at seventy miles an hour. 警察:你刚才一定是以每小时70英里的速度开车。

  I can't have been. 加里:我不会开得那样快的。

  I was doing eighty when I overtook you. 警察:我是以每小时80英里的速度赶上你的。

  Didn't you see the speed limit? 警察:难道你没看见限速牌吗?

  I'm afraid I didn't,officer. 加里:恐怕我没有看见,警官。

  I must have been dreaming. 加里:我一定是思想开小差了。

  He wasn't dreaming,officer. 安:警官,他思想没有开小差。

  I was telling him to drive slowly. 安:我刚才正告诉他开慢点。

  That's why I didn't see the sign. 加里:所以我才没看见那牌子。

  Let me see your driving license. 警察:让我看一看你的驾驶执照。

  I won't charge you this time. 警察:这次我就不罚你款了。

  But you'd better not do it again! 警察:但你不要再开是这样快。

  Thank you.I'll certainly be more careful. 加里:谢谢您。我以后一定会多加注意。

  I told you to drive slowly,Gary. 安:加里,我刚才叫你开慢点吧。

  You always tell me to drive slowly,darling. 加里:你总是叫我开慢点,亲爱的。

  Well,next time you'd better take my advice! 安:好啦,下次你还是听从我的劝告吧!

  66

  Where are you going to spend your holidays this year,Gary? 马丁:加里,今年你们打算去哪里度假?

  We may go abroad. 加里:我们可能到国外去,

  I'm not sure. 加里:但我不敢肯定。

  My wife wants to go to Egypt. 加里:我妻子想到埃及去,

  I'd like to go there,too. 加里:我也想去那儿。

  We can't make up our minds. 加里:我们还拿不定主意。

  Will you travel by sea or by air? 马丁:你们乘船去,还是乘飞机去?

  We may travel by sea. 加里:我们可能乘船去。

  It's cheaper,isn't it? 马丁:这更便宜些,是吗?

  It may be cheaper, 加里:可能是便宜些,

  but it takes a long time. 加里:但花的时间长。

  I'm sure you'll enjoy yourselves. 马丁:我肯定你们一定会玩得很痛快。

  Don't be so sure. 加里:别那么肯定。

  We might not go anywhere. 加里:我们可能那里也去不成。

  My wife always worries too much. 加里:我妻子总是担心这担心那的。

  Who's going to look after the dog? 加里:谁来照看狗啦,

  Who's going to look after the house? 加里:谁来看管房子啦,

  Who's going to look after the garden? 加里:谁来照料花园啦,

  We have this problem every year. 加里:我们每年都碰到这类问题。

  In the end,we stay at home and look after everything! 加里:末了,我们呆在家里来照看一切。

  67

  Have you just made a new film,Miss Marsh? 记者:您刚拍完一部新电影吗,马什小姐?

  Yes,I have. 马什小姐:是的,我刚拍完。

  Are you going to make another? 记者:您准备再拍一部吗?

  No,I'm not. 马什小姐:不,我不准备拍了。

  I'm going to retire. 马什小姐:我准备退休了。

  I feel very tired. 马什小姐:我感觉累得很。

  I don't want to make another film for a long time. 马什小姐:我早就不想再拍片子了。

  Let's buy a newspaper,Liz.Listen to this! 凯特:我们买份报纸吧,莉兹。你听这段:

  'Karen Marsh: Sensational News! 凯特:“Karen Marsh:爆炸性新闻!

  By our reporter,Alan Jones. 凯特:由本报记者艾伦?琼斯报导。

  Karen Marsh arrived at London Airport today. 凯特:卡伦?马什今天到达伦敦机场。

  She was wearing a blue dress and a mink coat. 凯特:她穿着一身蓝色的套装和一件貂皮大衣。

  She told me she had just made a new film. 凯特:她告诉我她刚拍完一部新片子。

  She said she was not going to make another. 凯特:她说她不准备再拍电影了。

  She said she was going to retire. 凯特:她说她准备退休。

  She told reporters she felt very tired and didn't want to make another film for a long time.' 凯特:她告诉记者她感到很疲劳,早就不想再拍电影了。“

  I wonder why! 莉兹:我很想知道为什么。

  68

  Are you really going to retire,Miss marsh? 记者:您真的准备退休吗,马什小姐?

  I may.I can't make up my mind. 马什小姐:有可能。我还拿不定主意。

  I will have to ask my future husband. 马什小姐:我得问一下我的未婚夫。

  He won't let me make another film. 马什小姐:他不会再让我拍电影了。

  Your future husband,Miss Marsh? 记者:您的未婚夫,Marsh小姐?

  Yes.Let me introduce him to you. 马什小姐:是的,让我把他给你们介绍一下。

  His name is Carlos. 马什小姐:他叫Carlos.

  We are going to get married next week. 马什小姐:下星期我们就要结婚了。

  Look,Liz! 凯特:看啊,莉兹!

  Here's another report about Karen Marsh. 凯特:这又是一篇关于Karen Marsh的报道。

  Listen:'Karen Marsh:The Latest.At her London Hotel today Miss Marsh told reporters she might retire. 凯特:你听,“Karen Marsh:最新消息。今天在伦敦旅馆,Marsh小姐告诉记者她可能要退休。

  She said she couldn't make up her mind. 凯特:她说她还拿不定主意。

  She said she would have to ask her future husband. 凯特:她说她得问问她的未婚夫。

  She said her future husband would not let her make another film. 凯特:她说她的未婚夫不会再让她拍电影。

  Then she introduced us to Carlos and told us they would get married next week.' 凯特:然后她把我们介绍给Carlos,并告诉我们说他们下星期结婚。“

  That's sensational news,isn't it,Kate? 莉兹:Kate,这真是条轰动的消息,是不是?

  It certainly is.He'll be her sixth husband! 凯特:当然啦。他将是她的第6个丈夫!

  69

  Are you doing the football pools,Brian? 朱莉:你正在下足球赛的赌注吗,Brian?

  Yes,I've nearly finished,Julie. 布赖恩:是的。我这就做完了,Julie.

  I'm sure we'll win something this week. 布赖恩:我敢肯定这星期我们会赢一点的。

  You always say that,but we never win anything! 朱莉:你老是那样说,但是我们从来没赢过!

  What will you do if you win a lot of money? 朱莉:要是你赢了许多钱,你打算做什么呢?

  If I win a lot of money, 布赖恩:要是我赢了许多钱,

  I'll buy you a mink coat. 布赖恩:我给你买件貂皮大衣。

  I don't want a mink coat! 朱莉:我不要貂皮大衣。

  I want to see the world. 朱莉:我要去见见世面。

  All right. 布赖恩:好吧。

  If we win a lot of money we'll travel round the world and we'll stay at the best hotels. 布赖恩:要是我们赢了很多钱,我们就去周游世界,并且住的旅馆。

  Then we'll return home and buy a big house in the country. 布赖恩:然后我们返回家园,在乡下买幢大房子。

  We'll have a beautiful garden and… 布赖恩:我们将有一个漂亮的花园和——

  But if we spend all that money we'll be poor again. 朱莉:但是如果我们把所有钱都化光了,我们又会变穷的。

  What'll we do then? 朱莉:那时我们怎么办呢?

  If we spend all the money, 布赖恩:如果我们化光了所有钱,

  we'll try and win the football pools again. 布赖恩:我们设法在足球赛赌注上再雇赢一次。

  It's a pleasant dream, 朱莉:这是个美好的梦,

  but everything depends on 'if'! 朱莉:但一切都取决于“如果”!

  70

  Is that you,John? 格雷厄姆?特纳:是你吗。John?

  Yes,speaking. 约翰?史密斯 :是的,请讲。

  Tell Mary we'll be late for dinner this evening. 格雷厄姆?特纳:告诉玛丽今晚吃饭我们将晚到一回儿。

  I'm afraid I don't understand. 约 翰?史密斯 :我恐怕还不明白您的意思。

  Hasn't Mary told you?She invited Charlotte and me to dinner this evening. 格雷厄姆?特纳:玛丽没有告诉你吗?她邀请我和夏洛特今晚去吃饭。

  I said I would be at your house at six o'clock, 格雷厄姆?特纳:我说过我6点到你家,

  but the boss wants me to do some extra work. 格雷厄姆?特纳:但老板要我加班。

  I'll have to stay at the office. 格雷厄姆?特纳:我不得不留在办公室,

  I don't know when I'll finish. 格雷厄姆?特纳:我不知道什么时候才能结束。

  Oh,and by the way, 格雷厄姆?特纳:喔,顺便问一句,

  my wife wants to know if Mary needs any help. 格雷厄姆?特纳:我妻子想知道Mary是否需要帮忙。

  I don't know what you're talking about. 约 翰?史密斯 :我不知道您在说些什么。

  That is John Smith,isn't it? 格雷厄姆?特纳:你是John Smith,对吗?

  Yes,I'm John Smith. 约 翰?史密斯 :是的,我是John Smith.

  You are John Smith,the engineer,aren't you? 格雷厄姆?特纳:你是工程师约翰?史密斯,对吗?

  That's right. 约 翰?史密斯 :对。

  You work for the Overseas Engineering Company,don't you? 格雷厄姆?特纳:你在海外工程公司上班,是吗?

  No,I don't.I'm John Smith the telephone engineer and I'm repairing your telephone line. 约 翰?史密斯 :不,不是。我是电话工程师John Smith,我正在修理您的电话线。

  71

  Last week,my four-year-old daughter,Sally,was invited to a children's party. 上周,我4岁的女儿Sally被邀请去参加一个儿童聚会。

  I decided to take her by train. 我决定带她乘火车去。

  Sally was very excited because she had never traveled on a train before. Sally非常激动,因为她从未乘过火车。

  She sat near the window and asked questions about everything she saw. 她靠车窗坐着,对她所看到的一切都要问个明白。

  Suddenly,a middle-aged lady got on the train and sat opposite Sally. 突然,一个中年妇女上了火车,坐在Sally的对面。

  'Hello,little girl.'She said. “你好,小姑娘,”她说。

  Sally did not answer, Sally没回答,

  but looked at her curiously. 却好奇地看着她。

  The lady was dressed in a blue coat and a large,funny hat. 那位妇女穿着一件蓝色的大衣,戴着一顶大而滑稽的帽子。

  After the train had left the station, 火车开出车站后,

  the lady opened her handbag and took out her powder compact. 那位妇女打开了手提包,拿出了粉盒。

  She then began to make up her face. 然后她开始打扮起她的脸来。

  'Why are you doing that?'Sally asked. “你为什么要那样做呢?”Sally问。

  'To make myself beautiful,'the lady answered. “为了把自己打扮漂亮啊,”那位妇女答道。

  She put away her compact and smiled kindly. 她放好了粉盒,慈祥地微笑着。

  'But you are still ugly.'Sally said. “可是你仍然难看呀,”Sally说。

  Sally was amused, Sally感到很有趣,

  but I was very embarrassed! 而我却很尴尬。

  72

  I live in a very old town which is surrounded by beautiful woods. 我住在一个由美丽的树林环绕的古老小镇上。

  It is a famous beauty spot. 这是一个的风景胜地。

  On Sundays,hundreds of people come from the city to see our town and to walk through the woods. 每逢星期天,有许许多多人从城里来观赏我们的小镇,并在树林中散步。

  Visitors have been asked to keep the woods clean and tidy. 游客已被告知要保持树林的整洁。

  Litter baskets have been placed under the trees,but people still throw their rubbish everywhere. 树下都已设置了废物筐,但是人们仍到处扔垃圾。

  Last Wednesday,I went for a walk in the woods. 上星期三我到树林里去散步。

  What I saw made me very sad. 我所见到的一切使我非常难过。

  I counted seven old cars and three old refrigerators. 我数了一下,有7辆旧汽车和3个旧冰箱。

  The litter baskets were empty and the ground was covered with pieces of paper, 废物筐是空的,而满地都是纸片,

  cigarette ends,old tyres,empty bottles and rusty tins. 烟头,旧轮胎,空瓶子和生锈的空罐头盒。

  Among the rubbish I found a sign which said, 在垃圾堆中我发现了一块牌子,上面写着:

  'Anyone who leaves litter in these woods will be prosecuted!' “凡在此树林里丢弃垃圾者,将依法处置。”
已赞过 已踩过<
你对这个回答的评价是?
评论 收起
推荐律师服务: 若未解决您的问题,请您详细描述您的问题,通过百度律临进行免费专业咨询

为你推荐:

下载百度知道APP,抢鲜体验
使用百度知道APP,立即抢鲜体验。你的手机镜头里或许有别人想知道的答案。
扫描二维码下载
×

类别

我们会通过消息、邮箱等方式尽快将举报结果通知您。

说明

0/200

提交
取消

辅 助

模 式